Definitions missing

I'm sometimes missing a short path to the *definition* of a
Mathematica function. Perhaps somebody here could give me a hint.

Example: StandardDeviation

I'm double clicking the keyword in the notebook, press F1 and arrive
in the help browser which tells me that "StandardDeviation" is the
standard deviation.
Fine, I almost expected that. But now, how is this quantity defined?
This is a simple example, of course, but I admit that I forget
sometimes if it was the sum of the cuadratic differences or the square
root of it, was it 1/n or 1/(n-1)?

But the same holds for all functions which frequently are defined e.g.
by power series or integrals. I personally would like to see this
definition in the help browser.

Sorry again for the perhaps trivial question.

Regards,
Wolfgang