Announcement: MATLink 1.0 released -- call MATLAB from Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131036] Announcement: MATLink 1.0 released -- call MATLAB from Mathematica
  • From: Szabolcs HorvÃt <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 03:29:01 -0400 (EDT)

Dear MathGroup members,

We are happy to announce the release of MATLink version 1.0!  We recommend
that everyone who downloaded a previous version upgrade to 1.0.

MATLink is a cross-platform package that allows calling MATLAB from
Mathematica.  MATLAB functions can be called seamlessly from Mathematica,
with automatic translation of the arguments and return values.

Get the package here:

http://matlink.org/

The first public version was released about a month ago and announced in
this post:
http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2013/May/msg00028.html

Since then several small but important fixes went in, thanks to feedback
from users. We recommend that everyone who downloaded a previous release
should upgrade to 1.0.

The changelog is available at http://matlink.org/changelog.html

Some highlights that may be of interest:

 * MATLink now works with MATLAB versions earlier than 2011b
 * Calculations can be interrupted with the standard Alt-. or Command-.
shortcut (Mac/Linux only)
 * More integer types are supported (including uint8 which is common in
image processing)
 * Performance improvements

Any feedback about MATLink is very welcome.  Please send it to
matlink.m at gmail.com