Announcement: MATLink --- call MATLAB from Mathematica seamlessly

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130690] Announcement: MATLink --- call MATLAB from Mathematica seamlessly
  • From: Szabolcs HorvÃt <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 03:49:49 -0400 (EDT)

Dear MathGroup members,

I am happy to announce the release of MATLink, a Mathematica package
that allows calling MATLAB functions seamlessly.

http://rsmenon.github.io/MATLink/

The package is aimed at Mathematica users who wish to use some MATLAB
functionality in their Mathematica programs.  It is the most complete
package of this type that we are aware of.  It is open source,
released under the MIT license.

What it does:

  * Transfers data between Mathematica and MATLAB.  Most MATLAB data
types are supported, including sparse arrays, structs and cells.

  * Allows wrapping MATLAB functions and making them seamlessly
callable from Mathematica.  The functions arguments are automatically
translated.

What it does not do:

 * It won't let you call Mathematica from MATLAB

A small taste of what is possible with MATLink:

Call MATLAB's eig function with a Mathematica matrix:

eig = MFunction["eig"]
eig[{{1, 2}, {3, 1}}]

(* ==> {{3.44949}, {-1.44949}} *)

For more examples, see http://rsmenon.github.io/MATLink/examples/
Some further examples are shown at
http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/a/24478/12

All feedback (bugs, suggestions) is welcome!  Please mail feedback to
matlink.m at gmail.com or open a new issue at
https://github.com/rsmenon/MATLink/issues/new

Please do not mail feedback to MathGroup.