Summer School on Bio-Inspired Computing using Mathematica, Shenyang,
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg131158] Summer School on Bio-Inspired Computing using Mathematica, Shenyang,
- From: bart.terhaarromeny at gmail.com
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 05:05:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer School on The Visual Brain, 22-27 July 2013, Shenyang, China.
Understanding the visual system and the underlying mechanisms of visual perception are hot research topics, and are key to the prevention of blindness. Inspired by the successful earlier editions, the third International Summer School on Biomedical Image Analysis (ISS-Shenyang 2013, 22 =96 27 July 2013) in Shenyang, China, will be a high-level event dedicated to the imaging and analysis of the visual system.
Following the successful earlier editions of the Summer School, we keep the same formula:
- Tutorial talks on state-of-the-art imaging of the visual system (optical, MRI, functional),
- Tutorial talks on biologically-inspired computational algorithms for medical image analysis,
- Biomedical applications in computer-aided diagnosis, such as for diabetes screening,
- clinical applications in ophthalmology and MRI connectivity (DTI tractography) of the visual system,
- A continuous poster session by participants, and
- Visits to the impressive Neusoft Medical Systems (China's largest Medical Imaging industrial campus) and He Shi Eye University in Shenyang.
The Summer School is free of charge.
The lectures are combined with an in-depth tutorial workshop by prof. Bart ter Haar Romeny (Eindhoven University of Technoloy, Shenyang NEU) on geometric models for early vision mechanisms. Prof. Romeny is renowned for his excellent teaching capabilities. All lectures, exercises, and applications are exploiting Mathematica 9.
Shenyang is a beautiful and historical city in the Northeast of China, featuring a Ming dynasty Forbidden City. Shenyang is connected by high-speed train to Beijing (4.5h).
Deadline for registration is 30 June 2013.
Prev by Date:
Importing a file and extracting data
Next by Date:
Re: Removing list elements in x by list y
Previous by thread:
Re: Importing a file and extracting data
Next by thread:
v9.0.1 lost the default settings