Re: Importing a file and extracting data

Hello Howard,
Perhaps incorporating something like this?

StringCases["Tc_Naph_84_2C", DigitCharacter]

ToExpression@StringCases["Tc_Naph_84_2C", DigitCharacter]

Total[{10, 1, .1} ToExpression@StringCases["Tc_Naph_84_2C", DigitCharacter]]

Generalizing as long as the last digit is always the first decimal---and there are no other numbers in your string.

toT[string_] :=
 Module[
  {temp = ToExpression@StringCases[string, DigitCharacter]},
  Total[N@Table[10^i , {i, -1, Length[temp] - 2}] Reverse[temp]]