How does one get data out of a TemporalData object?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg131176] How does one get data out of a TemporalData object?
  • From: Joe Gwinn <joegwinn at>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 04:25:28 -0400 (EDT)
I would like to generate some random signals for use in exploring
signal-processing algorithms.

For use as synthetic signals for the algorithm to chew upon, I'd like
to use ContinuousMarkovProcess and TelegraphProcess with
RandomFunction.  With these, I can do statistics and plot things

What I cannot quite get is a time series ready for such indignities as

Now I can manually disassemble the data structure, but I don't find a
list of equispaced samples, I get a transition list, which is not the
same thing.

Interpolation[Normal[temporal data object] // First, InterpolationOrder
-> 0] almost works, but the fine details are smeared over, even though
InterpolationOrder -> 0 works in ListLinePlot et al without apparent

What am I missing?  It seems like Probability and Statistics has become
a walled city within Mathematica.  I'm hoping to find a door in the wall,
rather than be forced to build by own little city one brick at a time.

Joe Gwinn