Re: Getting the plotted data from a graph

> Dear All,
>
> My question is regarding the plotted data points in a
> graph. Assume you draw a graph of sinx as:
>
> g1 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -Pi, Pi},
> Frame -> True, FrameLabel -> {"x", "y"},
> "y"}, ImageSize -> 2.6*72
>     ]
>
> then how can I get all of the data points of this
> graph by using mathematica?
>
> This is really important for me and I couldn't find
> the answer anywhere online!
>
> Thank you for your help in advance!
>
> Best,
> Lily

If you do

FullForm[g1]

you will see that the data are nested inside Line[...] in the form of x-y pairs. Here is one way to get them out:

g1 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, -Pi, Pi}, Frame -> True,
  FrameLabel -> {"x", "y"}, ImageSize -> 2.6*72]
data = Flatten[List @@ g1[[1, 1, 3, 2]], 1];
ListPlot[data]

Themis