Re: computation of two-point objects

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg131214] Re: computation of two-point objects
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 06:30:52 -0400 (EDT)
   I have been stuck for decades trying to calculate the world function for

ds^2=-(1+2\sigma)dv^2+2dvdr+r(r-2\sigma v)(d\theta^2+\sin(\theta)^2d\phi^2)
\phi=\n(1-2\sigma v/r)/2

one gets elliptic functions if one try direct method,  The trouble with
approximations is that it is hard to tell if they converge.....

Hi, Mark,

>From your post I could not figure out, what is your question. May be you should formulate it clearer, so that we see, if somebody might help. There is a second problem: the code above does not look like Mathematica syntax, and I really cannot understand, what it means. I propose that you rewrite it in a legal Mathematica way, and, if after that it still does not work, send it once more.

Have fun, Alexei
Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
ZAE Weiergewan,
11, rue Edmond Reuter,
L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG

Office phone :  +352-2454-2566
Office fax:       +352-2454-3566
mobile phone:  +49 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at<mailto:alexei.boulbitch at>