Re: Working with arrays

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg131223] Re: Working with arrays
  • From: David Bailey <dave at>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 01:25:49 -0400 (EDT)

On 17/06/2013 11:17, amannucci wrote:

> I appreciate the replies I have received. Yes, CenterDot is the wrong operator! I am a little rusty here. I appreciate the helpful comments.

If you find an expression that doesn't seem to evaluate correctly, one
of the first things to try is to examine the FullForm of the held
expression (to suppress its evaluation):

lA\[CenterDot]xtest //Hold//FullForm

{{a, b}, {c, d}} . {x, y} //Hold //FullForm

FullForm cracks a certain percentage of the problems presented in this
forum instantaneously!

David Bailey