Re: Decoupling E and I

Hi,

Anyone know of a way to decouple capital E and capital I
from their exponential and imaginary uses
so they can be used as ordinary user defined variables?
I don't want to change the current use of Exp
or the lower case double struck e and i however!

Thanks in advance,
Dave Snead

Hi, Dave,

As much as I know, you cannot do that. You can, however, use Greek, double struck and even Gothic alphabet. They might replace the symbols you need, and though, say, the Greek E, I and N look almost exactly like the corresponding Latin letters, they are not reserved by Mathematica and you never run into a trouble. Try this:

Esc+E+Esc

Esc+I+Esc

Esc+N+Esc

Esc+dsE+Esc