Import of URL no longer works in V9

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120021] Import of URL no longer works in V9
  • From: John Jowett <John.M.Jowett at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 04:19:05 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
     In Mathematica 8,I used to be able to do import the contents of this URL

Import["http://edms.cern.ch/cedar/plsql/codes.list?initial=X&type=CODE&code=EqCode";]

Now, in Mathematica 9, I just get

During evaluation of In[9]:= URLFetch::invhttp: SSL connect error. >>

During evaluation of In[9]:= FetchURL::conopen: The connection to URL http://edms.cern.ch/cedar/plsql/codes.list?initial=X&type=CODE&code=EqCode cannot be opened. If the URL is correct, you might need to configure your firewall program, or you might need to set a proxy in the Internet connectivity tab of the Preferences dialog (or by calling SetInternetProxy).  For HTTPS connections, you might need to inspect the authenticity of the server's SSL certificate and choose to accept it.

Out[9]= $Failed

This is on Win7, 64-bit.   I've tried following up various parts of the error message without success.  I have no problem seeing the contents of the URL in two Web browsers (Chrome, IE. So I think it is probably not the last part of the message although I'm not sure what I would have to do in that case.

Can anybody help?
Thanks,
John Jowett