Preventing a plot used as background from updating in dynamic

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg130707] Preventing a plot used as background from updating in dynamic
  • From: Brentt <brenttnewman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 03:18:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I'm trying to make an interactive visualization that uses a contour
plot as background. The contour plot takes a while to process, and I don't
want it to be refreshed during dynamic evaluation.

When I try and use the "Refresh[ cntrPlot, None]" the other parts of
dynamic don't run.

I've even tried to rasterize the graphic, but then the coordinates don't
match up.

Any ideas on how one might go about doing  this?