Re: put webMathematica folder outside Tomcat's webapps?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg130742] Re: put webMathematica folder outside Tomcat's webapps?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 04:12:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <20130507075548.CFC776A23@smc.vnet.net>
To clarify, my aims are:
(1) To be able to granulize things, so that I can more easily back up
just the webMathematica folder (which I want on my data drive) as I add
to it -- without having to back up with it the distributed Tomcat folder
(which is on my OS drive).
(2) To be able to access webMathematica with an alias-like URL, such as
"webmathematica", without having to use a complete URL such as
localhost:8080/webmathematica (or, similarly, for more complicated
situations with subfolders for separate webMathematica applications).
Just as, e.g., I've been able to configure so that the URL
"tomcat.local" brings up the main Tomcat page and its links to
distributed Tomcat apps.
As John Fultz suggested at
putting a symlink in the Tomcat web apps folder pointing to a separate
webmathematica folder elsewhere does accomplish (1). It does not
accomplish (2), though.
On May 7, 2013, at 3:55 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu> wrote:
> Is it possible to put the webMathematica folder outside the usual Tomcat webapps folder and still have webMathematica work?
> webMathematica does work OK if its whole folder is placed inside webapps.
> (This is with Tomcat 7 under OS X 10.8.3.)
> Configuration details would be greatly appreciated!
Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305
Prev by Date:
Re: How Random works?
Next by Date:
Re: How Random works?
Previous by thread:
put webMathematica folder outside Tomcat's webapps?
Next by thread:
Re: Easy to get the audio out of sync with the graphics (w/work around)