Parity of EllipticTheta

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg130752] Parity of EllipticTheta
  • From: Christian <christian.hagendorf at>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 02:45:06 -0400 (EDT)

I use quite often the functions EllipticTheta[n,x,q] in Mathematica. Unlike for trigonometric functions Mathematica does not simplify expressions of the type EllipticTheta[1,-x,q] to -EllipticTheta[1,x,q] automatically (it does it for Sin[-x]). How do I add such a feature to a built-in function?

Thank you in advance,