PlotRange with Histogram Log height

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg131945] PlotRange with Histogram Log height
  • From: Jeff <jbwjbwjbw at>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 23:18:19 -0500 (EST)
I am trying to draw a histogram with log heights with a specified PlotRange. This command works fine:

Histogram[data, 10, {"Log", "PDF"},
 PlotRange -> {{-2, 2}, Automatic}, Frame -> True,
 PlotRangeClipping -> True]

But what I need is the ability to control the range of the vertical axes. When I change the "Automatic" to something specific I get a blank graph. For example, this fails

Histogram[data, 10, {"Log", "PDF"},
 PlotRange -> {{-2, 2}, {0.01, 1.0}}, Frame -> True,
 PlotRangeClipping -> True]

I am using Mathematica on OSX 10.8.5. Any help would be appreciated.