Number Separator for Number Labels on Plot Axes

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to format the numbers that appear on the axes of plots, for example, including number separators for thousands, as in 2,000, 3,400, etc., or including dollar signs, $5, $6, and so on? I tried using NumberForm on Ticks but that gave me an error.

Gregory