Re: Is Mathematica V.8.01 fully supported by Windows 8.1?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132008] Re: Is Mathematica V.8.01 fully supported by Windows 8.1?
  • From: "E. Martin-Serrano" <eMartinSerrano at telefonica.net>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 06:41:37 -0500 (EST)

Thank you very much

-----Mensaje original-----
De: John Fultz [mailto:jfultz at wolfram.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 14 de noviembre de 2013 8:25
Para: E. Martin-Serrano
CC: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

We've been testing and running Mathematica v9 under Windows 8.1 for some
time now (I've personally been doing so for a couple of weeks.other in the
company have for longer).  The only problem I'm aware of that's surfaced is
that the web browser plugin which comes with Mathematica doesn't work out of
the box with the new Internet Explorer 11.  Wolfram Research Technical
Support does have a fix for that problem.  Wolfram fully supports
Mathematica 9 under Windows 8.1.

I'm not aware of any issues (aside from the plugin) with version 8, either,
but our testing for it hasn't been as thorough, and so I'm not going to make
such a categorical statement for that.

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group