Implementation of Discrete Spherical Harmonic Transforms with Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg132015] Implementation of Discrete Spherical Harmonic Transforms with Mathematica?
- From: W Craig Carter <ccarter at MIT.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:37:24 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello, I am wondering if anyone has implemented a fast spherical harmonic transform and its inverse in Mathematica? In particular for the two-dimensional sphere. The spherical harmonic transform appears to combine an FFT and a discrete Legendre transform. So, if there is a discrete Legendre transform implementation in Mathematica, that would be useful. As a last resort, there are implementations in C that I could probably port with MathLink. I am posting this question on the wolfram community site as well. W Craig Carter