Mathematica on Centos 6.3

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132055] Mathematica on Centos 6.3
  • From: "János Löbb" <mba505.scsu2013spring at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 01:25:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Mathematica on a dual processor Centos machine with 16GB Ram runs much slower than on my toy MacBookPro with 8GB.  The Centos runs with the default values.  Any good hint how to kick it into higher speed.  For example a calculation on my MacBookPro takes 26 second.  The same on the CentOS machine takes 38 seconds.

Thanks ahead,
J=E1nos