Re: Tick Values on Gauges

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg131782] Re: Tick Values on Gauges
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 22:25:23 -0400 (EDT)
Does anyone know how to specify custom tick values on gauges?

I would like to have an output gauge that has a range of -16 to 16 in steps

of 4.  The following, however, insists on using spacings of 5.

VerticalGauge[fval, {-16, 16},

ScaleDivisions -> {8, 1}]

This seems to be another unnecessary design restriction imposed by WRI.

There is a Ticks option but it does not work.

David Park

djmpark at<>

Dear David,

I asked recently a very close question at the StackExchange:

As much as you can see from the answers to my question, there is no satisfactory solution. In any non-standard case one has to build a considerable part of the gauge himself. This we can do, however, also without the WRI gauge template.

Best, Alexei

Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
ZAE Weiergewan,
11, rue Edmond Reuter,
L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG

Office phone :  +352-2454-2566
Office fax:       +352-2454-3566
mobile phone:  +49 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at<mailto:alexei.boulbitch at>