Re: bug in Print

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg131851] Re: bug in Print
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 00:17:34 -0400 (EDT)

On 10/16/13 at 4:58 AM, Barrie.Stokes at newcastle.edu.au (Barrie
Stokes) wrote:

>I apologise if someone has already suggested the following, which I
>at least found reassuring.

>(Sometimes Mathematica is more general than you expect.)

>Clear[i]
>mA = {{0, 1, 0}, {0, 0, 1}, {1, 0, 0}};
>result = MatrixPower[mA, i];
>result // Short
>result /. {i -> 3} // FullSimplify

And the point of your post is?

The subject line mentions a bug in Print yet the code you posted
makes no use of Print. And your first sentence indicates you
found the result to be "reassuring". Surely you don't find bugs
reassuring. Were you expecting a different result from
Mathematica than you got?