Problem with Integrate

This may be a duplicate message.

I am new to Mathematica. When I try to perform Integrate[log(x),x], I
get back 0.5 log x^2, which is just log x. When I perform the double
integral: Integrate[Integrate[1/x,x],x], I get the correct answer. No
syntax perturbations on Integrate[log(x),x] give the proper answer.

Could someone explain what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance for
your help.