Mathematica nb file => TeX file ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132498] Mathematica nb file => TeX file ?
  • From: "Dr. Robert Kragler" <kragler at hs-weingarten.de>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 02:36:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hallo MathGroup readers,

all the nice features of Mathematica which allows to save even sophisticated nb
files in formats such as CDF and pdf are (unfortunately) irrelevant when it
comes to the point of preparing some documents for conference proceedings. For
example, Springer Verlag always requires that articles are submitted in (La)TeX
format which would require a lot of additional effort to retype formulas etc.
and copy pictures separately into the TeX document. To my opinion, TeX was a
great achievement in the 80-ies, but 30 years later it seems to me that this is
some kind of stone-age IT.

In the case of producing a pdf file it requires (to my experience) only a
printer driver e.g. such as "pdfFactory" which creates reliable pdf files from
Mathematica notebooks directly. Doing the same with "Save as..." within
Mathematica (V8) produce huge pdf files for which e.g. Adobe Acrobat 8
Professional crashes. Thus, I can highly recommend the software tool
"pdfFactory" for this task.

Now, my question is : does anybody know a software tool, not necessarily a
freeware program, (working in a similar way as a printer driver) to produce a
TeX file directly from a Mathematica nb file (with refined graphics etc.) ? Any
recommendations will be appreciated.

Regards,
R. Kragler

--