Re: function is gone

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg132502] Re: function is gone
  • From: "E. Martin-Serrano" <eMartinSerrano at>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 02:16:21 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks Szabolcs,

In fact, today the whole thing seems to work the following way

In[1]:= Needs["Utilities`Package`"]

(* functions - names- in "Utilities`Package`" *)

In[2]:= Names["Utilities`Package`*"]

Out[2]:= {"FindPackages", "FullPath", "PackageInformation"}

(* Looks up the HeaderInformation in the package "myContext`myPackage`"*)

In[3]:= PackageInformation["myContext`myPackage`", PackageInformation["myContext`myPackage`"]]

Out[3]:=  (* All info in the header of "myContext`myPackage`". Including  "Context", "Title", "Author", "Package Version", "Mathematica
Version", "Copyright", "History", "Summary", "Keywords", "Contents",
"Discussion", "Sources", "Warning", "Last modification", and so on*)

Off topic comment

The actual package belongs to a large application that I wrote in 2002, which makes heavy use of Combinatorica. I am having a hard time in recovering (and revamping) it after 10 years, to make it work in the newer versions. Among other difficulties: the whole old fashioned documentation and Help is nearly unusable.

Thanks again.

E. Martin-Serrano