NMinimize problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg132354] NMinimize problem
  • From: PAR123 <reiser.paul at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 23:05:15 -0500 (EST)

I have a function f[x] which I want to minimize, but its rather involved, it will return a number for a numerical x, but if x is symbolic, it's not going to happen.

Trying to use NMinimize, I get errors that are consistent with NMinimize calling f[] with a symbolic argument. Is there something simple I am doing wrong?