Re: How to avoid repeated recalculation of the same function

If the calculation can be done symbolicly use f[x_] = calc rather than
f[x_] := calc

You may also want to [Full]Simplify the expression, i.e., f[x_] = Simplify[
calc, assumptions ] to speed up subsequent use as well as improve numerical
precision.

Bob Hanlon