RE: Hypercard?

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.ncsa.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Hypercard?
  • From: WBARKER at BOWDOIN.EDU
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1991 20:58:54 EST

>Has anybody worked on Hypercard-Mathematica interactive connection??

If I am interpreting the question correctly, the answer is a partial yes.
There is a project in the works at Wellesley College to use SuperCard in
developing a front-end for Mma for use in teaching calculus.  I have only
seen a short demo of the stack (called "Calculus Menus"), so I cannot tell
much more about its functionality.  I do, however, have a short description
from the developers, plus the developers' names and addresses:

"Calculus Menus for the Macintosh is a shell for Mathematica that we are
developing at Wellesley to allow students to use menus and dialog boxes
rather than Mathematica commands.  Each semester over 200 students use
these and several smaller-scale programs together with traditional calculus
texts in our Mathematics Graphics Classroom."

Alan Shuchat and Fred Shultz, Mathematics Department, Wellesley College,
Wellesley MA 02181;  617-235-0320; ashuchat at lucy.wellesley.edu or
ashuchat at wellco.bitnet; fshultz at lucy.wellesley.edu or fshultz at wellco.bitnet.

William Barker
WBarker at James.Bowdoin.edu