Re: Help with FrameLabel

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Help with FrameLabel
  • From: "Dr. Todd Gayley" <TGAYLEY at ccit.arizona.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1992 01:06 MST

Regarding:
>>  From:   IN%"cabruen at athena.mit.edu"
>>  To:     IN%"mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu"
>>  Subj:   Help with FrameLabel
>>
>>  I am trying to put labels on a 2D Mathematica using the label
>>  command. Label1 which is the x-axis comes out find, but the
>>  y-axis prints the characters going up like this.
>>  Does anybody know how I can rotate the characters counter-
>>  clockwise 90 degrees.

Are you using a Macintosh? The PostScript interpreter in the
Mac version is limited. One of the things it cannot do is display
rotated text. However, this limitation only affects the on-screen
appearance -- it should print out as you want it on a
PostScript-capable printer.

I'm not sure if any other machines have this same problem. I
know that the Windows version can display rotated text on
screen.

--Todd