Re: aborting Mma on a NeXT

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: aborting Mma on a NeXT
  • From: Richard L. Bowman <r.l.bowman at cescc.bridgewater.edu>
  • Date: 18 Aug 92 16:56:25 EDT

I also identify with the problem of how to abort an Mma calculation
efficiently on a NeXT computer.  But I do have two comments.

First, to get quick access to the submenu that actually has the "about"
command on it, at the beginning of your session, proceed through the
"actions" submenus until the very last one shows up.  Then move your cursor
to the black line at the top of the menu.  Click and hold.  Now you can
drag this submenu to some safe corner of the screen and it will always be
available at a moments notice.

Second, many Mma "calculations" are rather involved and take some time to
reach a natural stopping point.  So waiting for a minute maybe necessar
even after issuing the "abort" command.

--Richard L. Bowman
  Dept. of Physics
  Bridgewater College