Color and Gray on an 8514

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Color and Gray on an 8514
  • From: "Paul Beckmann" <paul at eye.psych.umn.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 92 10:59:05 CST

Groupmates--
  I have Mathematica 2.0 386 on a PS/2 with an ATI 8514 Ultra graphics card
with 1 meg of memory. When I do a DensityPlot or other graphics functions
that yield regions of gray on my Mac version, the graphics output of the
386 package into the 8514 is patterned black and white (low-quality gray).
I checked the $DisplayFunction and the MSDOSPS -device option is 8514.
What's the problem? Thanks in advance for your attention.

Paul J. Beckmann
MN Laboratory for Low-vision Research
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455