Font problem and Postscript problem

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Font problem and Postscript problem
  • From: "Tero Siili, Ilmatieteen laitos (Finnish Meteorological Institute)" <Tero.Siili at fmi.fi>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 92 16:55:06 +0200

I use Mathematica 2.1. on Macintosh IIci, both as front-end and kernel also.

I have two strange, partly interrelated problems:

1. Mathematica printing fonts
I generate curve and surface plots with Mathematica and typically use
DefaultFont->Times.  When I print these plots using "Print selection",
the output font is Courier, not Times.  I have tried to change the font
of the Graphics style, to no avail.

2. Mathematica/MS Word/Postscript problem
I have tried to paste Mathematica plots to MS Word 5.0.  I copy the
cell, convert it to PICT+EPS and subsequently paste to MS Word
document.  Our LW II NTX refuses to print pages containing pictures
pasted in such a way after a Postscipt error.

Any pointers to solutions to the problems above are most welcome!

Tero Siili
Tutkija                          Scientist
Ilmatieteen laitos               Finnish Meteorological Institute
Geofysiikan osasto               Department of Geophysics
PL 503                           P.O. Box 503
00101 Helsinki                   SF-00101 Helsinki
                                 Finland

Puh.       (90) 192 9533         Tel.:    +358-0-192-9533
Telekopio: (90) 192 9539         Telefax: +358-0-192-9539
FUNET:     pouta::Tero.Siili
SPAN:      22104::pouta::Tero.Siili
Internet:  Tero.Siili at fmi.fi
X.400:     /C=fi/ADMD=mailnet/PR=IL/GIV=Tero/SUR=Siili/