How does Mma work on a Mac Powerbook 170?

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: How does Mma work on a Mac Powerbook 170?
  • From: mek at guinan.psu.edu (Mark E. Kotanchek)
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 92 14:30:28 EDT

Hi folks,

Right at the moment I'm swearing a Mma v2.0 on my (actually, Penn State's)
NeXTstation; however, despite its flaws and assuming things get fixed in
v2.1 I was thinking about springing for Mma for my (really mine) Mac
Powerbook 170 (8MB RAM, 80 MB disk). How's the performance on the Mac
relative to the NeXT? Good ol' PSU sells Mma for $319 so the 319 dollar
question is whether I should hang onto my pennies and invest in a home
NeXTstation and meanwhile come into the office in the evenings to work?

Thanks for the input,

Mark.
---
Mark Kotanchek