Re: How does Mma work on a Mac Powerbook 170?

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: How does Mma work on a Mac Powerbook 170?
  • From: xinwei at jessica.stanford.edu
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 92 11:42:34 -0700

I ran the Benchmark.m timing test for Mma v 2.1,
performed in a 15MB partition on  a Macintosh II fx,
System 7.0.1, with 21 MB virtual memory & 32 bit addressing,

You may obtain this and other Benchmark.m  results from
otter.stanford.edu.

It would be helpful if some of you who have v 2.1 on other machines could
run /ftp/mma/misc/benchmark2.0.m and send the results to me at:

xinwei at jessica.stanford.edu.

By the way, there's a more interesting comparative review by
Barry Simon in the most recent Computers & Mathematics column in the
AMS Notices (Sep 92, v 39 # 7), of Mma 2.0 for DOS & Windows, Maple V,
Derive, Reduce.

Sha Xin Wei
Stanford Mathematical Software Users Forum