Indexing Output Files

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Indexing Output Files
  • From: peccoud at titus.u-strasbg.fr
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 93 10:28:33 +0100

Dear friends,

I am currently computing a serie of large polynomials. I need to save the
results on disk since the computation needs several CPU hours. So far, I
put the polynomials in a list and I save the list when the computation is
finished. The drawback of this method is that reading this file is slow and
needs a lot memory. It would be much easier to save each polynomial in a
separate file but I cannot find any simple way to index output files.

Does anybody know how to do that ?

Jean Peccoud
IBMC UPR Biologie Structurale
15, rue Rene Descartes
67084 Strasbourg cedex
France

tel : (33) 88 41 70 94 ou (33) 88 37 12 55 ext. 474
fax : (33) 88 61 06 80

E-mail : peccoud at titus.u-strasbg.fr