Problem with Input in a notebook

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Problem with Input in a notebook
  • From: <stankerr at uiuc.edu> (Stan Kerr)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 1994 15:07:58 -0500

This problem was reported to support at wri.com, but my client is anxious for
some help, and we haven't heard from Wolfram yet, so I'm posting it here
(as well as uiuc.mathematica).

One of our users has reported a problem using Input in the Mathematica X
Windows frontend on our RS6000. Below is copied the text from a small
session I did. The first time Input is encountered, two dialog boxes appear
and I can enter values for a and b. If I attempt to re-evaluate that cell,
or to use Input later, I get a warning from Mathematica that it 'can't find
an important resource'. I've checked the Mathematica directory and made
sure that all the files in it are globally readable. I don't think anything
is missing, since I installed it.

Do you have any suggestions?

In[1]:=
a=Input["enter a"]; b=Input["enter b"]
Out[1]=
22
In[2]:=
Out[2]=
11
In[3]:=
Out[3]=
22

Stan Kerr <stankerr at uiuc.edu>       Fax:217-244-7089 Phone:217-333-5217

University of Illinois     Computing and Communications Services Office
1304 W. Springfield  Urbana IL 61801