options PlotStyle and AxesOrigin in 3D-plots ?

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu ( )
  • Subject: options PlotStyle and AxesOrigin in 3D-plots ?
  • From: schnoerr at ipesgi.e-technik.uni-stuttgart.de (Claudius Schnoerr)
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 11:13:01 +0200 (MDT)

Dear mathgroupers,

I'd like to display three-dimensional point clouds with different colors.

In two dimensions I use several ListPlots with the option
   PlotStyle->RGBColor[a,b,c]
and show them together.

This option is not available in ScatterPlot3D !
I also tried the DefaultColor option, but this does not change the color
of the points, they continue to be black.
How can I get the desired result anyway?

---

Is there a package for three-dimensional plots to display the x,y,z-axes
at a point to choose and not at the edges of the surrounding box
(like the option AxesOrigin in 2D-plots) ?

---

Please e-mail any suggestions to
   schnoerr at ipesgi.e-technik.uni-stuttgart.de

Many thanks