Re: Spherical Graphics primitive

  • To: mathgroup
  • Subject: Re: Spherical Graphics primitive
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 1994 09:45:50 -0500 (CDT)

>     Is there a 3D dimensional analog to the 2D graphics primitive
>     Graphics[ Circle[ {x,y}, r] ?
>     i.e. something like Graphics3D[ Sphere {x, y, z}, r]
>         Thanks,
>   Brett Philips     bp08 at andrew.cmu.edu      Memetic Engineering
>   (412) 268-8797                             Carnegie Mellon University

Yes, if you look in the Guide to Standard Mathematica Packages, you'll
see exactly such a primitive under Graphics`Shapes`.  However, note
that the arguments for Sphere are not Sphere[x,y,z] but Sphere[r,n,m]
where r is the radius,  and the sphere is drawn using n(m-1) polygons.

If you want to move the sphere to another xyz coordinate, you have to
use the TranslateShape function, which is also in the Graphics`Shapes`
package.
							-John
      John Fultz      "I am not a mouthpiece for Wolfram Research."
      jfultz at wri.com  "Goldfish schoals, nibblin' at my toes, Fun, fun, fun..."