Linear programming

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.NET
  • Subject: [mg289] Linear programming
  • From: Sang-Taek Kim <stk7 at columbia.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 22:07:29 -0500 (EST)

I am running a linear programming with 24 constraints choosing 16 variables.
Each four variables are constrained to be 1, since they are
probabilities. When I ran this program, sometimes (depending upon
initial numerical values)  the sum is not 1. other times (using different
numerical values) it turns out to be 1. If anybody know why this happens,
please let me know.
Thank you in advance.