ticks at zero of axes

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: ticks at zero of axes
  • From: J.G.B.Heal at open.ac.uk (Benedict Heal)
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 94 09:56:37 GMT

1. When plotting,the tick label '0' at the axes origin is omitted,
presumably to avoid clashing which the part of the axes that crosses into
the label area. I managed to circumvent this behaviour by minutely moving
the axes origin, with
        AxesOrigin -> {-.00001,-.00001}
Is this a bug or a feature?

2. Currently the two axes cross each other by a small amount, instead of
just meeting at the origin. Often I would prefer them just to meet,
particularly when I need to label the tick at the origin. Is there any way
to avoid this crossover, to give me just a right-angle and nothing more?