dividing polynomials

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: dividing polynomials
  • From: lepard at bmw.mayo.edu (Kevin O. Lepard)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 94 14:28:30 CST

Hi folks

I have a question about dividing polynomails that I hope someone can
help me with.

I want to do something like:

2/(z+(1/3)) and have it do the long division out to so many terms into
netagive exponents of z.  I haven't been able to do this using any
of the Polynomial or Series functions.

Please email back to me if you can help.

Kevin
Kevin O. Lepard
Internet:  lepard at mayo.edu

Disclaimer:  These opinions are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of the Mayo Foundation, Mayo Clinic, or any other person or institution.

	Don't try so hard to survive life that you forget to enjoy it.