The default printer command in XFrontEnd

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: The default printer command in XFrontEnd
  • From: sinan at kona.ca.boeing.com (Sinan)
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 12:38:21 +0800

How does one change the default print command in the XFrontEnd.

I am running Solaris2.3 and XFrontEnd , it comes out and says that
it is "lpr" and I have to change it to "lp -o nobanner" every time.
It is a pain....

BTW: I am using the Solaris version of math and SunOS 4.1.x version
of XFrontEnd. It works MUCH MUCH better than it did under SunOS4.1.x

[I have also used the XFrontEnd intended for SunOS4.1.x on a Solaris
machine - after some fiddling with the installation since my
Sparc 10 does not know about the bar disk reading command.  Generally
speaking this works about 90% of the time though there are
some problems with certain  front end display issues.  It is
very fast compared to running on an older Sparc machine.  I would
recommend use of this setup only if you are willing to experiment
a bit and do not get afraid of some Motif or X window error
messages once  Most notebooks work fine. - s. christensen,
moderator.]

Thanx
Sinan