eval differential expressions

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: eval differential expressions
  • From: Geoff Latham <gal at melba.bby.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 19:12:31 +1000

Is there an easy way to evaluate differential expressions for various
functions?
For example, if I have D[f[x],x]^2+f[x] in Mma, I'd like to evaluate it for
various functions f[x]. This can be done via naming the expression and
then letting f[x_]=<desired fn of x> and typing the expressions name
upon which its evaluated - but this seems awfully clumbsy!

Any suggestions?
Thanks.