Re: No Dots?

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: No Dots?
  • From: Edmund Greaves <egreaves>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 94 8:48:01 CDT

> When using MultipleListPlot how do I supress plotting the point
> symbols?  In other words, what do I set DotShapes->   to?
> DotShapes->None is not valid.

> Bob Love                   rlove at raptor.rmnug.org  (NeXT Mail OK)
>                            BIX: rlove

You can suppress the dots by giving an empty list in the DotShapes option.
An empty list will produce no visible output.

In[1]:= <<Graphics`MultipleListPlot`

In[2]:= list1 = Table[{x,Sin[2 Pi x]}, {x, 0, 1, 0.1}];

In[3]:= list2 = Table[{x,Cos[2 Pi x]}, {x, 0, 1, 0.1}];

In[4]:= MultipleListPlot[list1, list2, DotShapes->{{}&,{}&}, PlotJoined->True]

Out[4]= -Graphics-

The {}& represents a pure function which returns an empty list regardless
of what arguments are supplied.  The DotShapes option expects a function
to which it can supply the coordinates for the dot.

Note that removing the dot shapes still leaves Point primitives on the
plot.  If you do not want the points then you can do this:

In[5]:= Show[ % /. Point[___] -> {} ]

Out[5]= -Graphics-

to replace all of the points with empty lists.

Edmund Greaves				email: egreaves at wri.com

{ my opinions don't necessarily represent those of Wolfram Research }