Mma trouble on ULTRIX 4.2A

  • To: mathgroup at yoda.physics.unc.edu
  • Subject: Mma trouble on ULTRIX 4.2A
  • From: marc at ashley.fusion.ucla.edu
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 94 01:58:48 -0800

On my DECstation 5000/200 we use ULTRIX 4.2A, and
have v2.2 of Mathematica with the Unix/Motif notebook
interface.  My question is...

Why do the notebooks always crash?????

Whenever I run notebooks of considerable size, my
notebook always crashes--obviously making the whole
notebook thing useless!  I have 32 MB of memory, and
the crashes occur even when Mathematica is using
far below that.

Is this problem in the Unix/Motif notebook, or in the
ULTRIX software?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I currently cannot use
mathematica at all.....well except at the commandLine
interface.....what a useless thing that is :)

thanks,
-Marc