Re: Simple command to strip Notebook

  • To: mathgroup at CHRISTENSEN.CYBERNETICS.NET
  • Subject: [mg219] Re: [mg200] Simple command to strip Notebook
  • From: Dana_Scott at POP.CS.CMU.EDU
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 94 09:48:36 EST

To copy for transfer or saving just a few parts of a Notebook, do a
"Find" with the <apple>-f command.  Then click on the "Long Form"
button.  You will then see boxes to check that will make a Boolean
combination of selections.  Click the "All" button to select what you
want.  (Try it on a sample notebook.)  Then the <apple>-c command
copies the selections to the Clipboard.  Finally paste what you copied
into a new Notebook and save where desired.

The terrible Mathematica memory management of large graphics has
crashed my Macs time after time and lost me hours of work.  The only
good advice is to distribute work over several Notebooks and save
often.