Simple command to strip Notebook

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg200] Simple command to strip Notebook
  • From: dmwood at sst.nrel.gov (David M. Wood)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 94 11:58:24 MST

Greetings all,
   I have a question which is stunning in its simplicity, and possibly in
its naivete:
   Is there a *simple* way to save a Notebook bloated with huge graphics
or output expressions in a `bare' form, i.e., with
all output from Mathematica: graphics, output, diagnostics, etc., stripped out,
leaving only the structure of the Notebook (text, input commands, and
structural commands such  as section headings, etc.) intact?   [I am
aware that converting the Notebook to a package does something
like this, but wish to preserve the Notebook format.)
   For me this problem arise very frequently  and it astonishes me that
there is not an obvious single command to do this in one of the menus for
most front ends, but, then, I'm no expert.  So I usually resort to selecting
output cells and deleting them by hand, which can be tedious and painstaking
in a long Notebook.

Any suggestions, or rumors of such a feature in new releases of Mathematica?

--
David M. Wood           ||      Solid State Theory Group
dmwood at nrel.nrel.gov    ||      Branch 4510