HELP! Memory problem?
- Subject: [mg2669] HELP! Memory problem?
- From: andrei at icgeb.trieste.it (Andrei Gabrielian)
- Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 01:40:51 -0500
- Approved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: wri.mathgroup
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
Hello all, I tried to install Mathematica on my notebook (486DX2-66, 8 Mb RAM, Windows for Workgroups 3.11, swapfile 8 Mb) but failed. The problem occurs when I tried to activate kernel. 1. The kernel seems to be downloaded into memory, but immediately after this "General protection fault" occurs because of FE (front end) conflict with module (unknown). The address of (unknown) module is different every time I restart the program (i.e. every crash). 2. I tried to change the size of swapfile (upto 20 MB - temporary swapfile), and also change the size of extra memory provided to kernel. The result was the same. 3. I do not use any proprietary screen drivers /memory managers etc. I obtained the same result on my old notebook and office computer (but, the swapfiles on both were less than 8 Mb). Any suggestions how to overcome these troubles? Thank you in advance, Andrei