Table alignment

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1723] Table alignment
  • From: Scott.A.Hill at williams.edu (Lancelot)
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 23:36:36 -0400

	I have a triangular-shaped table
(i.e.
	1.234	2.567	3.146
	2.43	3.489
	1.585
)
that I want to have printed in this fashion, with everything neatly
aligned.  TableForm and MatrixForm both print out the table, in a
triangular shape, but for some reason the columns further to the right
(there are 20 columns in the longest row) do not line up correctly,
but snake.  I think this is due to some of the numbers in one row
being of different lengths (like the 2.43 above) but I thought
TableForm would take that into account.  Is there a way I can fix
TableForm so it won't fudge on me, or, alternatively, is there a way
to make Mathematica print out the extra 0's at the end of real numbers
so I can fill out the table myself?  Thanks.

/
:@-) Scott
\