Re: MathLink documentation

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1660] Re: MathLink documentation
  • From: pehowland at taz.dra.hmg.gb (Paul E. Howland)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 03:27:11 -0400

In article <3t2ivh$mie at news0.cybernetics.net>, elsner at avalon.msfc.nasa.gov (Ron Elsner) writes:

>I need to put some code into C or Fortran, and call it from
>Mathematica using MathLink.  I would appreciate learning where
>to look for documentation on using MathLink, whether it can
>accept Fortran, and while I'm at this what is a good beginner's
>book on C that is advanced enough to help me use MathLink.
>
>Thanks, Ron Elsner

Have a look at the Mathlink tutorial available on Mathsource written by Tod
Gayley of Wolfram Research.  It's available as a postscript file, or as a
Mathematica notebook.  It uses mixed fonts within a cell, so Windows users will
need to load the postscript version.  It discusses

	1.	Calling external C programs from the Kernel
	2.	Calling the kernel from external C programs
	3.	Using C++ and Fortran

I can't remember its number, but a "Find Mathlink" request to Mathsource will
locate it.

Paul E Howland

Long Range Ground Radar Systems Section               tel. +44 (0)1684 895767
LSC2 Division, Room BY209                             fax. +44 (0)1684 896315
Defence Research Agency                           email: PEHOWLAND at DRA.HMG.GB
Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, UK.