Re: numerical roots of a polynomial

  • To: mathgroup at christensen.cybernetics.net
  • Subject: [mg1198] Re: numerical roots of a polynomial
  • From: Fergal Shevlin <fshevlin at maths.tcd.ie>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 01:57:31 -0400

Sigurd.Schelstraete at rug.ac.be (Sigurd Schelstraete) writes:

>does anyone know if there exists a package/function that allows one to find
>(numerically) all n roots of a polynomial of degree n, whether they are

Hello,

On a similar note - I'm trying to use mathematica to find roots of
a quadratic polynomial in four vairables. The results I get are fairly
unintelligible. Any suggestions?

Any help appreciated,
Fergal.
Fergal Shevlin                      E-mail: Fergal.Shevlin at cs.tcd.ie
Dept. of Computer Science                      Phone: +353-1-7021209
Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.              Fax: +353-1-6772204